I follow Magpie Girl on Twitter. On her blog, she asked folks to show a photo of you standing in our own power. I chose this photo because it is a photo where I am allowing myself to be smoldering. I am always smiley, rarely smoldering. At my friend's wedding, after a makeup session that can only be rivaled by Zoe Saldana's in Avatar, I took some glamour shots. This photo was the result and though I feel like it is me on my best, best day. I enjoy it.
She also inspired me to create my own 8 Things I Know list. The first few are about me but the rest are life lessons of sorts:
1. That I am smart and funny.
2. That I am always attracted to men that surprise me (and men with accents).
3. That you can survive things you never imagined.
4. That breathe really is everything.
5. That even medicore art is inspirational.
6. That the first thing a man says is always his truth. You have to listen for it though because it's sometimes hard to hear.
7. (I've said this one before.) That regrets aren't that big a deal. They teach you things.
8. That you don't have to be skinny to be sexy. (It's a no brainer but I didn't get it until these past few years.)
8. That you have to take risks in your life in order to grow. (This is something I know but I find difficult to actually practice.)